Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Putting Your Life On Hold For Prince Charming

Elise came to meet me to share her good news. She had been dating Richard for a few months and decided to tie the knot. She was literally over joyed to have him in her life. I have met Richard before. He is an okay sort of guy - not the kind I would die for. But here was Elise beaming with joy and making wedding plans. When she asked about my life, I simply bypassed her question.

For the next couple of days I thought only about Elise and her happiness. I called her up and we had a heart-to-heart chat. She told me something that I want to share with everyone.

Putting Your Life on Hold

I know there are plenty of women like me who are waiting for a boyfriend. Well, there is nothing wrong in waiting for love, but it is unfair to put your life on hold for it. And I realized I have been doing exactly this. I have been waiting for a boyfriend and in the process have stopped living. In fact, I have given up on my passions and hobbies just because I have been waiting for Prince Charming to arrive.

Get up, go out and start living today. If you love singing, join a music club. If skiing makes you tick, go vacationing in the mountains. In a nutshell, stop putting your life on hold and start enjoying every moment on earth.

Preparing for Prince Charming

Several of us will acknowledge we are ready for Prince Charming to come into our lives. But what if I were to say you aren't ready for him? That's because unless you know what you are looking for in a man, you really don't know who Prince Charming is. How do you suppose he will find you if you keep yourself hidden at home or at work? In order to find love you have to get out and enjoy life.

You want to socialize, develop yourself, work on your attitude and be receptive of life. Once you are ready to embrace life, you will be ready to usher him in your life.

Letting Go of Unrealistic Expectations

We women have our own concept of who Prince Charming is - he is handsome, humorous, generous,chivalrous, and the list goes on. We check the list every time we meet a guy and discard him because he doesn't fit the criteria. I'm not advocating abolishing standards. They are perfectly fine and normal to have - I have my own set of standards. However, if you find yourself unwilling to meet with him for a second date or if you are giving him several chances only to find yourself being disappointed, perhaps you need to re-evaluate those standards. The point I'm making here is to give love a chance.

So set aside unrealistic expectations of what Prince Charming is and keep an open mind about the men you meet in your life. You'll be surprised to learn how many fun and decent single guys are out there. And plenty of them are ready to share their hearts with you.

Elise helped me realize that unless I am happy with myself no one else can make me happy. The process of finding love has to start from within. I rejoined the guitar class I left years ago and believe me, I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment