Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Two Poems: Waiting For A Hug From A Busy Spouse, And The Perpetual Innocent Quarrels Of Spouses

WAITING FOR A HUG FROM A BUSY SPOUSE

Dearest!

do you remember,

when did you hug me last,

voluntarily, spontaneously?

I hope, you know,

It is long over due.

I yearn for it everyday,

when I get up in the morning,

I wait for the cup of tea,

secretly, hoping for a hug.

Alas, in vain.

You go back in a hurry,

to the kitchen

for some genuine priority jobs.

I follow you there,

hug you from behind,

and you, very graciously

allow me to do so for a minute;

and off you are,

for,

there is so much to do:

my breakfast, children's lunch boxes,

and most important,

attending to the maid servant.

I keep waiting,

for the hug the whole day.

Do you think hugging

is restricted for young couples only?

Or taking initiative,

is male prerogative only in your dictionary.

But tell me,

when you hug your grandson,

couple of times daily,

why can't the grandfather

be given same treatment

at least once in a day?

Eternally waiting,

yours.

Notes. Hugging is one of the blessings designed by God, to keep warmth, not only in the body, but in the mind too; while the baby penguins in Antarctica are protected from cold by the parental hugging, the hugging between sulking siblings, children, parents, spouses helps in getting speedy smiles all over again. We disregard hugging as we grow old, thinking it is irrelevant in old age and is a phenomenon meant for children and younger generation only; where as we need more hugging to counter the ill effects of loneliness, when society and family has little time for us but the old spouses can share loneliness to their advantage and eliminate it from their lives.

THE PERPETUAL INNOCENT QUARRELS OF SPOUSES

I am imperfect,

I knew,

I wanted to be a friend,

to my spouse.

I thought I would live,

the definition of a friend,

by Henry Ford:

"My best friend is one who brings out

the best in me".

I tried,

gave my suggestions,

to bring out the best in my spouse,

I failed,

for I was told,

'Not required,

I am already perfect';

so thought my spouse.

We all search for perfection,

in our loved ones,

little do we realise,

they too are imperfect as we all are.

Let us accept,

each other as we are,

let us not try to have a tailor-made spouse,

altered to suit our specifications.

Live a blissful life,

garnished with a layer

of perpetual innocent quarrels,

enjoy the disagreements,

agree to disagree,

lovingly and respectfully,

and live in tolerance happily.



This article is brought to you by ONLINE DATING.

No comments:

Post a Comment